Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Much Needed Vacation...

It is not often that we get to break away and do things together with just our family. It was very much needed!

With my sis' little girl in the hospital, we were wondering if we would be able to even go. Family means everything to us and if my sister and her family needed our help, we were willing to postpone or even cancel our trip. 

Good news is, her little girl was able to come home the day before we were scheduled to go out of town. We didn't have a whole lot of time to pack and get things ready, but we managed and the next morning, we were out the door and in the car ready for our 10 hour long car ride to our destination.

Branson, Missouri

We had never been. I think I had been as a kid, but I don't remember anything.




Yes, those are icicles. 




We did the Dixie Stampede...I HIGHLY recommend this! It was wonderful. Very much worth every cent it costs to see it. And the food was delicious!








I wish I had more pictures, but no videos or photographs were allowed inside.


We also went to Silver Dollar City. It was nice. I was surprised the store/shop prices were rather reasonable.  The food prices were a bit on the high side (typical of any theme park), but it was all really good and lots of healthy options.








We had a nice time. The shows helped cut out the business of just hopping from ride to ride (and there were not very many rides to begin with).





The cave tour was lots of fun too!





I LOVED the fact that we came during the off-season...right after the Thanksgiving rush and right before the Christmas craziness. Everything was wide open...the streets for driving, the hotel, the restaurants, the lines for the rides, etc... The Christmas decor and festivities were a nice change. I do not think I would have enjoyed this trip if it was crowded and busy. 


5 days later and we were back home, present, but not really ready for the routine of life to start up again. We have 1 more week back to the grind of things, then another week off. My husband is *supposed* to take another week off, but things are kinda stressful where he works right now.

This time around, we have no plans...just to sit around the house and get a few things done here. I think it will be nice to just be here...nothing on the agenda, no places we have to be, nothing we have to do... 

I hope you are able to get a break from the craziness of life too...to just sit and enjoy the company of your family and to thank God for the gift of His son, Jesus Christ :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)