Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Are you reading?

In light of the Chick-Fil-A craze, I happened upon this short, but ultra-meaningful video.


It was made in 2010 by none other than Dan Cathy - president of Chick-fil-A :)

It is only about 2 1/2 minutes long and so worth every second! The jist of it is "Every Life Has a Story...if we only bother to read it".

How true is that?!?

When we go about our daily lives doing whatever it is we do - do we bother to read others stories? Do we use every opportunity to share the love of Christ with them? A simple smile, encouraging words, a hug? Do we follow where the Spirit is leading us and what God is leading us to do? 

Or do we look the other way and avoid for fear of getting 'off schedule' or behind on what WE have planned?

I am guilty... 

It is a battle of the wills...God's will or my will? God is continually trying to focus my thoughts on Him and His will, but why must I be so hard-headed and want my own way!

This past Sunday's sermon from our pastor, the video above, and a recent need my neighbor told me about really helped me to put things back into perspective. I love how God knows just what to do to get us back on track (and sadly He has to put me back on track ALL the time).   

I was looking only at the covers and not what was on the insides of people I came into contact with every day.


I pray God helps me to stop skimming and start 'reading'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)