Thursday, January 31, 2013

CtG - Week 16


Here are a few highlights from our week...


Bible and History

Everything went really well for Week 16. Nothing too earth shattering to report this week though. I didn't even get around to taking a single picture :(

The kids have been reviewing the 10 Commandments as well as Psalm 23 and are pretty good at remembering both.

We sang (and did the hand motions) to the song '12 Men Went to Spy on Canaan'. Here is a link to a video if you don't happen to know the song. We also had grapes for our snack this week.

We are absolutely loving Treasures of the Snow! These read-alouds are totally awesome and so relevant and relatable for kids. I highly recommend them to everyone. My little brother, who recently started attending public school, has said...out of everything...he missed the stories the most :-D



Science

We were not been able to get to the weenie roast experiment. We wanted to...even got our box all set up, but the weather would not cooperate. It has been rainy and cloudy all week. I should also mention -  we are in the winter season here, so even if we did have some sun, it has been rather chilly, so I am not sure how well our solar weenies would have cooked anyway.

We completed the activity to measure the distance between the planets and the sun. Even paced off several hundred steps. Then the kids got bored after the 4th or 5th planet and they were done. They got the jist of it and that is all that matters :)



I hope you had a great week as well!

1 comment:

  1. Pauline, I love that you are exactly a week ahead of me on the Bible stories (1st grade follows almost the same schedule as CtG). I saw the pop corn manna snack on your blog and gave it a go this week. The kids LOVED it. :) I have to find the 12 spies song. We just studied that yesterday. Danaly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)