Monday, August 11, 2014

Why I LOVE Homeschooling!

Oh, there are so many reasons...where do I begin?

I'll start off with a quote I came across a few years ago. I absolutely LOVE it and it sums it all up in a nutshell. Of course, I'll add my own reasons below this as well ;)

"In short, I homeschool because I can’t. I homeschool because He can. I homeschool because “in my weakness He is strong” (1 Cor. 4:10). And I homeschool because “He is able to do immearsurably beyond what I can ask or think” (Ephesians 3:20). I homeschool because it gives me a front row seat to the miracles and faithfulness of a mighty God." 
-Rachael Carman-



I love having that front row seat... Every. Day.



1. Flexibility - We can take off from school when my husband is off from work and with a husband who is off every other Friday, this is awesome! Need time off for a surgery, an illness, a family getaway while all the other kids are in school? Easy-peasy!

2. Schedule - Rearrange each day according to your family's needs. Most days, we'll stick to the schedule and start school in the morning and finish just after lunch. But what if you need to go to a doc appt before you start school? Not a problem. Do you need to run a few errands in the middle of the day or gather that last item for a science experiment? You're covered. Do you need to drop everything to go help a friend or relative? Done :)

3. Control - I know exactly what my kids are learning. I get to pick from some of the best curriculum out there. If something isn't working, we can change it :) I know exactly who is teaching and discipling my kids. If a group, club, or instructor/teacher does not line up with our spiritual values or meet our needs, they can be removed or changed.

4. Opportunities Galore -  My kids have so many options of things they can be involved in 
that we have a hard time picking and choosing. It is amazing just how many extracurricular activities there are out there. Plus, lots and lots of mission opportunities!

5. Togetherness -  Let's face it...this world keeps up pretty busy. I love that I can spend a good part of the day together with my kids. For the most part, my kids get along really well together because being together is an everyday thing for them. Don't get me wrong, we have some knock-down-drag-out sibling rivalries as well, but that is not the norm.


6. Biblical Worldview - I love that the Bible can be woven throughout every single subject all throughout our day. 


Those are just a few of my reasons. What about you? What do you enjoy most about homeschooling? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)