Monday, October 11, 2010

Our 2010-2011 Curriculum

I have a 1st grade daughter, a 2nd grade son, and a 3rd grade brother who often joins us in our home school adventures each week.

This year, we have chosen to continue using Abeka for Language and Math. We have added in Apologia and My Father's World. We use Apologia for science. I let the kids choose from the list of things they had to offer for their ages and they chose Astronomy. So this year, our focus will be on that. I think it is important to allow your kids some say into what they would like to learn. If they are more interested in a certain topic, I feel they would be more engaged and open to learning about that particular topic.

In My Father's World (MFW), we are using the Adventures curriculum this year. We focus more on the Biblical and Historical aspects MFW has to offer. We are loving it! It brings in the Biblical history our country was founded upon and it allows my husband, J, to be a part of our home school adventures. He usually does the Bible part of the curriculum with them in the evenings after he gets home from work. The kids love it and mom gets a little break ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)