Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just the way they are...

Have you ever just set back and watched your kiddos? Yesterday morning, while doing the dishes, I took a little break to do just that. And you know what? I like my kiddos just the way they are :)

I like their little mannerisms, their quirks, their eccentricities. Yes, sometimes, some of those things do get on my nerves from time to time, but God made them just the way they are. Who knows what God has planned for them? They may need those all those traits one day for HIS special purpose in their lives. (Now, I'm not talking about bad habits, bad behavior, or anything like that. Those things I could definitely do without!) 

I almost started to cry yesterday morning as I watched them sing those cute little Bible songs during the Bible part of school. And I thought to myself, "They are growing up so fast. Before long, they won't want to be singing these songs anymore."

Here are a few thoughts I had about my kiddos... You know us mommies can go on and on! But, I'll stick with the first few that popped into my head :)

My daughter...


She's the artsy fartsy one. The drama queen. The one with her own fashion and style.


My son...


He's the loving compassionate one. The analytical thinker. The one with no sense of fashion or style.   


Here's one of the songs they were singing this morning. Enjoy the video!




"Little by little, inch by inch
by the yard - it's hard, by the inch - what a cinch
never stare up the stairs, just step up the steps
little by little, inch by inch"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)