Monday, January 25, 2016

I have issues...

Wow! Has it really been almost a year since my last post? Hard to imagine time flying by so quickly. I used to be better at documenting what has been going on with the kids schooling. I use this as a year book of sorts. The kids like to look through the pictures and recall memories of fun activities and other things from the past.


LOTS of changes will be taking place in our little family very soon. We are excited about it, but very nervous at the same time. Before I get to that, let me catch you all up on what HAS BEEN going on before I get to what WILL BE going on (just in case anyone except for me actually reads this and feels lost...lol).


My brother is homeschooling with us again :) I had a matter of days (yes, literally days) to prepare for him at the start of the school year. Luckily, my son and brother are in the same grade, so we were able to make copies of needed worksheets until his books arrived. I am a HUGE planner so it's a wonder I survived the first few weeks and months given that everything was thrown into a tail spin and the months of planning I had done over the summer was thrown out in a matter of minutes :(  Have I mentioned I don't like last minutes changes? I have issues with change.

Looking back, I realize God was teaching me to be flexible and to allow Him to be in control instead of me. Have I mentioned that I like to have control too? And I DON'T like to give it up... Yes, I have major control issues as well.


Why is He teaching me these things tho? It all had to do with the "F" word...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)