Monday, September 5, 2011

God?...What on earth are you doing?!? (part 3)

"Dhun, dhun, dhun"...

The music minister and his family were called to another church.  *Gasp* {I need about a million sad frowny faces inserted right here.}

Just when it felt like things were really looking up... BAM! ...A piece of the puzzle was ripped from the picture.

I balled like a baby! Not only are we losing an awesome music minister...we are losing some great friends who have done so much in the time they were here. They will be GREATLY missed.

Through it all though, I know God has a plan. He has always been and will continue to be in control. I can't always see the big picture, but God does. I just need to lean on Him and trust in Him. I'm not happy about this recent change and I don't like it, but isn't this how it usually is with change? Sometimes, things we don't understand {or don't even like} have to happen in order for God's will to be done.

I really appreciated the pastor's sermon from Deuteronomy on Sunday. He didn't want us to pretend to put on a happy face with everything and act as if nothing had changed. He said it was ok to be upset, it was ok to be sad, and it was ok to not like what was going on. He said there is a time for mourning and a time to move on. Right now, we are in the mourning phase...we are losing a great church family and some great friends.

...BUT, he also made sure we understood that when God says go...you go. 


Through everything that has been happening, not only in our church life, but also in my own personal walk, there has been a beautiful, beautiful song that keeps playing over and over in my mind.

Basically, the song is about all the things God could do through us, but doesn't. Why? I think because our wants and our desires get in the way of God's wants and God's desires. Sometimes, our will has to be broken before God's will can take over.

"Bind up these broken bones
Mercy bend and breathe me back to life
But not before you show me how to die
Oh not before you how me how to die"




4 comments:

  1. I was wondering where these posts were leading to, and then I read Amy's FB post the other day and figured that's what they were about. So sorry that good friends are moving away. We're so blessed to live in the age of cars/phones/computers, but it's still not quite the same. I'll be praying for all of you!! (Especially Aleeyah ... I know she'll miss Aria!!) HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that Audrey Assad song!!! I feel you on the church change ups, as we have been through a lot of ups and downs over the years with various churches as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pauline! I just found your blog :) I loved these series of post you wrote about our church. I can relate to your every feeling. I bet writing it all down was healing in a way. I am with you in the mourning but I am also so full of expectation and faith in God's plan for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really does help to write it all down...even if I was the only one reading them :) Danaly, do you blog? If so, send me it my way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and leave a comment :)